Tuesday 4 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I'd Like to Reread!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find out everything you need to know about joining in here!

This week's theme is 'Top Ten Books I Want To Reread/Would Reread In An Ideal World'.

I wasn't sure if I was going to take part in TTT this week because I don't tend to reread books that often; I have such a huge TBR list that I'm usually too busy reading something I haven't read before to reread an old favourite. What I tend to do is reread some of my favourite sections in books rather than reread the entire book. That being said I would like to try rereading books more in future, and these are the ten I'd most like to reread!




Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling: To be honest I'd like to reread the entire Harry Potter series because it's been far too long since I last read them and I miss this world and these characters!

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy: Again, this is another series I'd like to reread and then finish. I've read all of the books up to Kingdom of the Wicked, and there are that many characters with that many bizarre names that I think if I tried diving into Kingdom of the Wicked now I'd be pretty confused! These books are so much fun, though, so I really don't think they'll take me long to reread when I get around to them.

Sabriel by Garth Nix: This is another book I haven't read in years. I first discovered Sabriel when I was around 13/14 and I loved it, so I'd love to reread it, and the rest of The Old Kingdom series, very soon - especially with the recent release of Clariel!

Cress by Marissa Meyer: I read The Lunar Chronicles a lot more recently and it's quickly become one of my favourite series. I really enjoyed Cinder and Scarlet, but I adored Cress - it was so action-packed and cool and fun; I can't wait for the releases of Fairest and Winter next year!

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson: This is one of my favourite standalones. It's beautifully written and just gorgeous, so I'd love to reread it.




Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë: I'm actually hoping to reread Agnes Grey pretty soon, not only because it's one of my favourite classics but also because I'd love to challenge myself to adapt it into a screenplay. For years I've been complaining about how there's no drama adaptation of Agnes Grey, and then it occurred to me that if I want an adaptation maybe I should write it myself.

The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins: Another of my favourite classics. I'd love to reread it but, as with most Victorian literature, it's very dense!

The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris: I have yet to read Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon or Hannibal, so once I get my hands on some copies of them I'd love to read the entire series, including a reread of The Silence of the Lambs. Plus I need my fix until season 3 of Hannibal...

The Undressed by Jemma L. King: Unlike the other books on my list, this is a poetry collection. I read it earlier this year during my publishing internship, and I'd love to buy my own copy and reread it to my heart's content - it's a fabulous little book.

Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu: Another favourite classic of mine. This book has one of my favourite last lines of any book ever, and as much as I often go back and reread that final little section I'd like to read it from start to finish again.

Which books made your list?

5 comments:

  1. Great list! Sabriel, Agnes Grey, Carmilla and The Moonstone are all books I definitely want to reread some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Agnes Grey this summer. Not my favorite but good.
    I love, love, love The Moonstone though! I remember reading it two days straight the first time. I am hoping to re-read it again this coming year. It didn't make my top ten Tuesday list but it's on my longer list. :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing Cress is the best in the Lunar Chronicles so far? I haven't gotten past page 50 of Cinder yet, so I guess I'll find out soonish. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want read Carmilla just to find out what that last line is!
    Love your idea for Agnes Gray- If you want something done right, do it yourself!
    Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've reread Harry Potter several times before the whole series was out, but I'd love to reread it again in the future. I'd like to start right from the beginning and work my way through...I haven't done that yet!

    ReplyDelete