Friday 21 November 2014

Stories & Songs #4 | Sci-Fi Month 2014


Sci-Fi Month continues, and today I thought I'd post a sci-fi only edition of Stories & Songs. As always, you can find all the songs mentioned here in this playlist!



by George Orwell

"Mad World"
Gary Jules

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world, mad world



by Jennifer L. Armentrout

"E.T."
Katy Perry

You're so hypnotizing
Could you be the devil?
Could you be an angel?

Your touch magnetizing
Feels like I am floating
Leaves my body glowing

They say: be afraid,
You're not like the others
Futuristic lover
Different DNA
They don't understand you

You're from a whole 'nother world
A different dimension
You open my eyes
And I'm ready to go
Lead me into the light

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me,
Infect me with your love and
Fill me with your poison

Take me, ta-ta-take me,
Wanna be a victim
Ready for abduction

Boy, you're an alien
Your touch so foreign
It's supernatural
Extraterrestrial



by Marissa Meyer

"Make Me a Robot"
Tessa Violet

I don't want to be a human anymore,
I'm done
I don't want to make mistakes anymore,
He's won

I'm too old to change.
Take my heart and I'll restart; please just let me fall apart
You may say it's strange,
But I quit, guess that's it; for a human I'm unfit, so

Make me a robot.
Make me a robot.
Make, make me cold.
Make me a robot.
Make me a robot.
Take, take my soul.



by Suzanne Collins

"If I Die Young"
The Band Perry

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in a river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Uh oh, uh oh

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colours, oh,
And life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no,
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life, oh well
I've had just enough time



by Stephenie Meyer

"Children of the Universe"
Molly Smitten-Downes

Something's stirring in the silence
And it reeks of passive violence
Hold on tight this opportunity we'll take,
Put an end to all this suffering
Before it gets too late
Hope's on the horizon
I'm not giving in

We're children of the universe, don't you know?
Dancing on the edge of time and it's ours to own
Just children of the universe

We're shining like diamonds
With love in our hearts,
They said it's the end but I've a feeling
It might just be the start
As I am awakened with fire in my bones
Standing beside you I've a feeling
That I'll never walk alone

3 comments:

  1. MAKE ME A ROBOT. Omg. LOL. That is the most glorious choice <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the Lunar Chronicles too [duh] . it was great how you showed the words to the music , thats always the best part to me

    ReplyDelete