Thursday 20 November 2014

My Sci-Fi Wish List | Sci-Fi Month 2014


Sci-Fi Month continues, and today I thought I'd share with you some of the sci-fi novels I'd really like to get my hands on!



These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: Isn't that cover just stunning? Space usually freaks me out - even more so the idea of being lost/stuck in space - but I've heard nothing but praise for this book since its release and I want to stop letting space freak me out.

Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie: The whole premise of this book just sounds fascinating. The more I get into sci-fi the more I discover books I'd really like to check out, and this is one of them.

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I've heard a lot of people describing this book as Twilight with aliens, and while I'm no longer a fan of Twilight (though I won't deny I did like it during my teens) I've heard a lot of praise for this series, too. And, in all honesty, it just sounds like a bit of shameless alien fun to be had.

Valour's Choice by Tanya Huff: I love Tanya Huff. She's the author of the Blood Books, a vampire series that I love, and I adore the way she challenges gender stereotypes in her books. After writing a vampire series with a fantastic female lead I'd love to see read her female-led sci-fi!

Alienated by Melissa Landers: Like Obsidian, this book just sounds fun. There's something about stories that treat relations between earth and other planets as somewhat ordinary that I really like; I've no doubt that there are other planets out there with other civilisations - the universe is huge, how can there not be? - and I like to think if there was we'd organise school exchanges, too.

So those are just some of the sci-fi novels I'd like to read soon! Which sci-fi titles do you most want to read?

5 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about Alienated, I'm trying to eventually get to that book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A work friend of mine has been raving about Ancillary Justice, and I tried ordering a copy, but Amazon is out of stock -- so weird. Anyway, really looking forward to finally reading it! I thought Alienated was really good, and want to be sure to read the sequel. Have fun with all of these!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd enjoy Obsidian, too, but I really didn't. Yes, it is Twilight with aliens pretty much, only I thought Twilight was actually written a little better (ouch). My main problem with the book was that I couldn't stand Daemon. I guess he's okay if you like bad boys, but he was beyond that; he vacillated between quasi-jerk and full-on ass so much that it almost caused whiplash.

    ReplyDelete