Tuesday 16 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Stories & Songs


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find everything you need to know about joining in here!


This week's theme is all about music and books, and I just happen to have a feature on my blog called Stories & Songs where I pair a book with a song. Today I've made a new list; there are a couple of books I've done before that I think fit particularly well, but most of them are brand new. I'm quite pleased with this list! As always book titles will take you to Goodreads, and song titles will take you to the song on YouTube.



Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier + Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift: Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks, say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen + Girls & Boys by Good Charlotte: Educated, with money. He's well-dressed, not funny. And not much to say in most conversations, but he'll foot the bill in all situations, 'cause he pays for everything.

Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia + A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum: And so it was that later, as the miller told his tale, that her face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins + Glory and Gore by Lorde: You could try and take us, but we're the gladiators. Everyone a rager, but secretly they're saviours. Glory and gore go hand in hand, that's why we're making headlines. You could try and take us, but victory's contagious.

Lolita by Vladimir Nobokov + Missed Me by The Dresden Dolls: Missed me, missed me, now you've gone and done it; hope you're happy in the county penitentiary. It serves you right for kissing little girls, but I will visit. If you miss me.



If I Stay by Gayle Forman + Halo by Ane Brun feat. Linnea Olsson: Remember those walls I built? Well baby they're tumbling down; they didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound.

Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman + Black Magic by Little Mix: Take a sip of my secret potion, I'll make you fall in love. For a spell that can't be broken, one drop should be enough. Boy you belong to me, I got the recipe, and it's called black magic.

Feed by Mira Grant + O Children by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds: Pass me that lovely little gun, my dear, my darling one. The cleaners are coming, one by one, you don't even wanna let them start. They are knocking now upon your door, they measure the room, they know the score. They're mopping up the butcher's floor of your broken little hearts.

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng + I'm Still Here by Goo Goo Dolls: I am a question to the world, not an answer to be heard or a moment that's held in your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say? I won't listen anyway. You don't know me, and I'll never be who you want me to be.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli + It's Time by Imagine Dragons: It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger but then, I'll admit, I'm just the same as I was. Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am.

What did you talk about this week?

9 comments:

  1. I picked Wildest Dreams in my TTT as well, there's just something about that song that gets me.

    Excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pairings!! I especially love the one for Catchinf Fire. I love Lorde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, Missed Me is perfect for Lolita. Awesome list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Time works greatly with Simon! That's seriously the best pairing because I love Imagine Dragons and Simon. Great list! :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOOVE these!! I am such a fan of the songs you've chosen, and the ones I haven't heard yet I am listening to now! I am SUPER curious about Signal to Noise with this song! Like, I LOVE the vibe it's giving me about the book. Lorde is ALWAYS a respectable choice for The Hunger Games. Hell, Lorde is a respectable choice for life in general ;) But the lyrics for it are SO. ON. POINT. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic list Jess! :-) It's Time is a great choice for Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I LOVE pairing Imagine Dragons with Simon Vs. <3 I love Simon AND Imagine Dragons so that is just PERFECTION BASICALLY.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simon and It's Time - great pairing! :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard that Good Charlotte song but now that you've paired it with P&P I'm gonna have to go find it :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete