Friday 10 April 2015

I is for Ibbotson | Blogging from A to Z

A Company of Swans
by Eva Ibbotson

Eva Ibbotson's one of my guilty pleasures, though I don't feel all that guilty. Sadly she passed away a few years ago, but during her life she wrote a lot of stories for children and teenagers, and it was during my teens - when I was around 14 - that I first read A Company of Swans.

Ibbotson's writing style is just lovely; whenever I read her historical fiction, like A Company of Swans, I always picture it in my head as a colourful, exquisite period drama with sumptuous costumes, stunning manor houses and dashing male leads. For me her books are pure escapism, and I can still remember how happy I felt when I first read this book because it took me away from everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment