Wednesday 25 March 2015

What's Up Wednesday! | 25/03/15

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk as a way for writers and readers to stay in touch!

What I'm Reading

Since last week I've finished Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, and it's definitely a new favourite of mine. I just loved it. I reviewed it here if you're interested in my thoughts on it!

I'm still reading Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and getting shocked beyond belief at some of the twists and turns, and I also started Dangerous Women Part I ed. by George R. R. Martin and Gardner R. Dozois, and then ended up putting it down after having to DNF Martin's novella. I've discovered I'm not a big fan of Martin's writing style, and the novella - 'The Princess and the Queen' - was so dull. I definitely want to return to the anthology, but it's a shame they decided to open it with such a boring story.

What I'm Writing

Y'know that short story I mentioned last week? Well there's a chance it's turning into a novella... 


Speaking of novellas, Twelfth Planet Press, who published Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories, are currently accepting submissions for novellas. So if you have a completed story between 10,000-40,000 words that fits into the speculative fiction category, why not send it their way before March 31st?

Also my story 'Coffee Break' is being published on Flash Fiction Magazine today!

What Works For Me

Neil Gaiman? What are you doing in my falafel?


What Else Is New

Today is the very last WUW as the lovely hosts Jaime and Erin have made the decision to wind it down, because that's what's best for them. I'm sad to see WUW go - I've always found these posts a lot of fun and I've met so many wonderful people I wouldn't have otherwise met - but perhaps in their absence I'll get a lot more writing done. ;)


Thanks Jaime and Erin! It's been great!

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the novella and congrats on the short story being published! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the publication, I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having your story published, and good luck with creating your novella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the publication! And glad to hear your short is growing. I had to smile at the Neil Gaiman. He does have a way of sneaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil Gaiman in your falafel?! LOL.
    Good luck changing your short story into a novella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy pub day! What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, congratulations on having your short story published! And secondly, thanks so much for your participation in WUW and for your understanding in why Jaime and I have to give it up. Good luck with all your writing projects! :)

    ReplyDelete