Monday 9 March 2015

2015 Forgotten Histories Reading Challenge! | Week 2


It's the Week 2 of the Forgotten Histories Reading Challenge! This week's challenge is to read a book with a non-white protagonist, and just like last week I've compiled a list of suggestions for any of you who're not sure which book to pick up.

Keep everyone updated with what you're reading with the hashtag #2015FHRC and don't forget to enter my giveaway!


by Joseph Boyden

by Victoria Lamb

by Yangsze Choo

by Jeannie Lin

by Lisa See



by Octavia E. Butler

by Alice Walker

by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

by Toni Morrison

by André Brink

Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I'll have time to read anything for this week of the challenge, but I have finished my alternate history book, Temeraire, and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I'm glad you enjoyed Temeraire. =) Don't feel like you have to read something every week, honestly it's great just to know at least one other person is joining in. =D

      Delete
  2. I'm reading a book with a non-white protagonist (more than one--it's a multi-POV story) but it isn't historical. I can imagine it's a little more challenging to find a historical book with a non-white protagonist these days.

    Nice to meet you. I'm a minion for the A to Z Challenge and you're on my (small) list of blogs to visit (although I'll be visiting many others, too!). You'll be seeing lots of me. It's awesome to meet you.

    ReplyDelete