Wednesday 30 July 2014

Waiting On Wednesday | Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers


What's this? Another Wednesday blog hop? I discovered Waiting On Wednesday a few weeks ago, and I just thought it was a really fun idea to spread some book love. This feature is hosted over at Breaking the Spine, and is a weekly event to showcase an anticipated, upcoming release!

(No What's Up Wednesday post from me this week - you'll understand why next week!)

My pick this week is:

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

Expected Publication Date: 4th November, 2014

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has.

But across Brittany, the tides of war are drawing ever nearer, with France pressuring the beleaguered duchess from all sides. Annith’s search for answers threatens to rip open an intricate web of lies and deceit that sit at the heart of the convent she serves. Yet to expose them threatens the very fabric of her existence and risks an unforeseen chance at love, one that she can no longer deny. Annith must carefully pick a path and, gods willing, effect a miracle that will see her country—and her heart—to safety.

Why I'm Waiting: I can't wait to finish off this trilogy! I was pleasantly surprised with Grave Mercy and I loved Dark Triumph, so I'm really excited to see how this trilogy is going to end and to see how Annith is going to fit into the story. Ultimately, how could I not love a story about assassin nuns?


What are you waiting on?

J.

24 comments:

  1. I loved Grave Mercy, and still need to tackle Dark Triumph, but I'm still very much looking forward to this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoyed Grave Mercy you'll definitely like Dark Triumph! ^__^

      Delete
  2. I have Grave Mercy on my shelf but I haven't gotten around to starting it yet. I have heard great things about this series so I can't wait to start on it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, I definitely recommend it! :)

      Delete
  3. I've yet to make it through the first book but good pick. The story is interesting.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Grave Mercy and really liked Dark Triumph so I really can't wait for Anniths story! Love this trilogy.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually just finished reading Mortal Heart a few days ago and trust me, it's brilliant! If you loved the first two books you're going to love it. There are so many interesting twists and turns! :)
    I hope you'll love it as much as I did!
    Great pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o I'm so jealous! I can't wait until I can get my hands on a copy. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading Grave Mercy! I'm loving it so far, and I'll definitely carry on with the series. It's awesome that Annith gets her own book! Great choice :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're enjoying the trilogy so far! ^__^

      Delete
  7. Arg, I want this book so badly, I could cry, haha. I loved Dark Triumph, so I definitely can't wait for this one! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Triumph was awesome, wasn't it? ^__^ I can't wait to finish this trilogy!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited to see that book cover. It's beautiful, and I'm thrilled that Annith is going to get her turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to learn more about Annith! :)

      Delete
  9. this looks amazing! I can't wait to read it either :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of these days I'll finally get around to reading this series...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried listening to the audio version of Grave Mercy and didn't really care for it. I'm glad you enjoy the series though and I hope Mortal Heart doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a shame! I must admit I thought I was going to hate it when I first started to read it, but once Ismae got away from the convent I began to enjoy it a lot more. :)

      Delete
  12. I've loved the trilogy so far - I hope you get around to it! :)

    ReplyDelete