Sunday 13 July 2014

The Underhyped Read-a-thon | #UnderHypedReads

I imagine plenty of us in the book blogging world are familiar with our vlogging counterparts over on booktube, and I imagine a lot of you are going to be taking part in the BookTube-A-Thon which starts tomorrow. I love the BookTube-A-Thon and I think it's a great idea, but right now I have a little too much work to do to warrant a read-a-thon with so many different challenges.

Earlier today, however, I came across the announcement for an Underhyped Read-a-thon (which you can find here) and I thought it was a great idea! I'm not really the kind of reader who stays on top of the current trends any more - there are so many popular books I haven't read or tried to read and didn't like, so the majority of my favourite books are books barely anyone else seems to have heard of. Particularly because I haven't come across that many bloggers or vloggers who read historical fiction as often as I do. They must be out there, I just need to find them!

It will be running from the 21st-27th of July, and the challenge is to read as many underhyped books as you can! It's up to you how you classify underhyped, but I've decided to give myself the challenge of only reading books (or book, I don't know how much reading I'm going to get done!) with less than 1,000 ratings on Goodreads.

I'm in the middle of working on my MA portfolio right now so I have no idea how much reading I'm going to get done, so for now I've decided there are three books I own that I'm going to try and read during that week, and they are: Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb, Burn Mark by Laura Powell, and White Star by Robin Llywelyn.

This read-a-thon is being hosted by Charlotte/RamblingsofanElfpire, who you can find here, here and here! There's also a group on Goodreads for this read-a-thon, which you can find here!

I think it's a great idea to spread some love for some of the underhyped books on our shelves.

Will you be taking part?

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment