Friday 11 July 2014

Three Trilogies I Want to Finish This Year!

I'm a terrible finisher. It's sad, but it's true, and one of the many things I seem to struggle to finish most nowadays is a series. I start a series, adore the first book, and then end up too worried about the rest of the series being disappointing that I never finish it.

Finishing a series is one of the best feelings when it comes to reading. Sometimes it can be sad to say goodbye to characters you've grown to love, but there's something so satisfying about closing that final book and knowing you were there for the entire adventure.

There are three trilogies I'm determined to finish this year. All of them are trilogies which I own the first and second books of, but still need to get my hands on the third!


The Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young

I read Blood Red Road around this time last year and I absolutely loved it. Not long after finishing it I bought myself a copy of the second book, Rebel Heart, and somehow I still haven't gotten around to reading it. I think I enjoyed Blood Red Road that much that I've been so worried about reading Rebel Heart and finding it to be a huge disappointment.

Back in May the final book in the trilogy, Raging Star, was released, and now that it has been I think I'm going to buy myself a copy and then marathon the rest of this trilogy, because I love the brutal world that Young has created and I really want to know what happens to Saba, Jack and all the other characters I grew to love in the first book.


The Healer Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder

Touch of Power, like Blood Red Road, is another book I read last year and then bought myself a copy of the second book, Scent of Magic, upon finishing it. I have to be honest I'm not quite as into this trilogy as I am the other two trilogies on this list, but I still like it a lot. I started Scent of Magic earlier this year and then accidentally got distracted by another trilogy. Basically the Newsflesh trilogy has taken over my life this year and I don't regret a thing because I'm obsessed with it and I love it. That being said I still want to finish this trilogy and find out what happens to Avry, Kerrick and the entire land of Kazan. I've heard pretty good things about the finale of this trilogy so far, so it could be that I just need to get my hands on the third book, Taste of Darkness, and marathon this trilogy, too!


The His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers

Unlike the other two trilogies on this list, His Fair Assassin is the one trilogy of which I've read books one and two, and the one trilogy that isn't complete just yet. Mortal Heart won't be released until November, and I'm really looking forward to its release!

I love me some historical fiction, as I'm sure most of you know by now, so I picked up copies of Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph earlier this year. I read Grave Mercy back in February, and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, so as soon as I finished it I picked up Dark Triumph and loved it. This is one of those rare instances in which I've enjoyed a second book in a trilogy more than the first (though it's not the first time it's happened; my favourite book in The Hunger Games trilogy is Catching Fire). I'm really looking forward to Mortal Heart's release and seeing how this trilogy wraps up! 

Are there any series/trilogies/duologies you plan on finishing this year?

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment