Tuesday 22 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Desert Island Chums!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find out everything you need to know about joining in here!

This week's theme is 'Top Ten Characters I Would Want with Me on a Deserted Island'. It's up to us whether we pick the characters based on their survival skills or their attractiveness, but as someone who quite likes being alive I've decided to pick the characters I reckon I'd have the best chance of survival with!

  1. Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
    Considering Thorne managed to get himself and Cress out of a desert alive, all while being blind, I'd say he'd be a pretty good companion on a deserted island! Plus he's hot.
  2. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
    Do I really need to explain this one? Katniss is the ultimate wilderness survival expert; she could hunt and keep all eleven of us fed, not to mention safe!
  3. Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
    At first glance Sirius might seem like a bit of an odd choice, but the way I see it anyone who managed to outwit dementors to escape a place like Azkaban would be a good person to have around on a deserted island. And if he's with me he can't fall through the veil and die.
  4. Saba from the Dust Lands trilogy by Moira Young
    Saba's a real tough cookie. She managed to survive some pretty intense stuff in Blood Red Road and I just love her.
  5. Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
    I'm taking Finnick with me for those days when Katniss wants a day off from hunting and we're all in a mood for some fish. Plus he's a great swimmer - I think he'd definitely come in handy!
  6. Sybella d'Albret from the His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers
    I'd take Sybella with me to join the ranks of Katniss and Saba in this little miniature army I'm building up. I think the three of them would make an awesome team.
  7. Jack Barak from the Shardlake series by C. J. Sansom
    Perhaps another odd choice, but Jack's another character who's good at surviving. I like my chances if I'm surrounded by a group of survivors!
  8. Helen Graham from The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
    I imagine this seems like a really, really bizarre choice, but Helen's one of those people with a real strength of character. She took her son and left her alcoholic, abusive husband despite the fact that such conduct was frowned upon in her day. I want someone on that island with me who's got some real balls.
  9. Skulduggery Pleasant from the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy
    First thing's first: Skulduggery's already dead, so that's one less person to feed. He's also hilarious; I want him around to make the rest of us laugh.
  10. Yelena from the Study series by Maria V. Snyder
    Yelena survived years of abuse, managed to get out of being executed, and survived her time as a food taster. She's also magic, so I definitely want her with me. Besides don't you think her and Sybella would be the best of friends?
Who would you take with you?

J.

11 comments:

  1. Sirius is an interesting, different and brilliant choice! I love that character. I have Katniss on my list this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I think Katniss is a very popular choice this week!

      Delete
  2. Helen Graham is a great choice and I love your reasoning for choosing her.
    Katniss made my list too, as she would be perfectly fine surviving on an island by herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ^__^ I know, right? Katniss is the ultimate survivor.

      Delete
  3. We have Finnick on our list as well! I love Sirius Black so I totally think that was a great and origional choice! Great list!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunger Games and Harry Potter characters would be perfect for a deserted island!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh absolutely YES to so many of these! Thorne would be perfect...you'd survive AND be entertained, right?! And Katniss is just a must-pick. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely Finnick! And I almost picked Saba, but I traded her at the last minute, because I was worried she might get on my nerves sometimes (I LOVED her as a character, but as an island mate, maybe not so much).

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete