Thursday 5 February 2015

Who Says Romance is (un)Dead?

I'm not the biggest fan of TBRs. Whenever I set myself the task of doing something I very rarely get it done in the way I wanted to - if at all - because I have horrendous self-discipline. Seriously, it's really bad.

Last year I tried setting myself monthly TBRs for a little while, but ultimately they just started to bum me out; when it comes to my reading habits I don't like to plan ahead, I just like to pick up what I'm in the mood to read and read it! That being said, I recently came up with the idea of a fun TBR for myself throughout the month of February, the month of lurve

As a sexually ambiguous singleton who has no way of knowing when someone is flirting with me (it literally goes over my head, I have no flirtacious prowess whatsoever) and who finds the entire concept of Single's Awareness Valentine's Day kind of gross - ew, cooties! - I always relish in the chance to feel bitter at this time of year, while also being incredibly pleased I don't have to share my chocolates with anyone when I sit down to watch a film...

I considered trying to get myself to read a bunch of romance books this month, but then I started reading My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland and thought, 'but zombies tho'. After all, sometimes the guys in chick lit might only want you for your body, but zombies will always want you for your brains.

So throughout February I'm going to cross as many of the zombie books I own off my TBR as I can! If halfway through February I'm done with zombies then I'll read something else, and I'm not going to feel bad about it - reading shouldn't be a chore, damnit!

Below are the books I'm going to try and read this month, and if any of you other singletons (or people in happy, healthy relationships who just want to read about blood and guts instead of flowers and chocolates - I don't discriminate!) want to join me in Undead Feb, then please do!





First off I want to finish My Life as a White Trash Zombie, and then I want to try and read the other three books in the series so far: Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues, White Trash Zombie Apocalypse, and How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back. I'm so glad I found this series, it's such good fun so far!


by Isaac Marion

As a sort of retelling of Romeo and Juliet, Warm Bodies is pretty much an ideal read for this month. I've already seen the film several times and really enjoy it, so it's about time I read the book, too.


by Mira Grant

I have to stop putting this off. I just have to accept it: this trilogy is going to end, whether I want it to or not. Those of you who've been following my blog for a while will know that I fell in love with the Newsflesh trilogy last year; in fact Feed was my favourite read of 2014, and now one of my favourite reads of all time. It's time to find out how this story ends, however much it breaks my heart.


Zombies vs. Unicorns
eds. Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier

Recently I accumulated a bunch of anthologies, because reading My True Love Gave to Me during the festive season made me realise how much I enjoy them. Now obviously I'm on Team Unicorn, but an anthology like this makes it possible for me to read a bunch of zombie stories by a bunch of different authors, and I'm looking forward to it!

What are you reading this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment