Wednesday 4 July 2018

This Week in Books | 04/07/2018


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!



Now: Ever since I read Six of Crows (yes I will mention it at every chance I get) I've been on a duology kick, so right now I'm half way through the second book in Emily Skrutskie's duology about pirates, sea monsters and girls kissing girls. I'm enjoying The Edge of the Abyss a lot so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how this series wraps up!

Then: I finished The Abyss Surrounds Us at the weekend and really enjoyed it. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do separate reviews or a series review, but look out for a review of some kind at some point!

Next: I first read The Goblin Emperor in the summer of 2015 and, if someone put a gun to my head and made me choose, this is the novel I'd say is my all-time favourite novel. I've re-read or re-listened to it every year since I first read it, and I feel myself craving it during the summer because of my first memories of it so I think I'm going to re-read it again next.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I really want to read The Abyss Surrounds Us! I think I might actually have the second book but not the first? That sounds like a thing I would do hahah. I agree that duologies are a very nice length though! AW yay you should definitely re-read it! Anything that makes you happy is worth the time :)

    I am reading... The Raging Ones right now, and I am not going to lie, it's not going great? I am in a bit of a slump, I daresay. My last three books have been VERY blah. Hope you love the rest of The Edge of the Abyss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! It's a lot of fun to read, and anything with pirates is a great read for the summer, I think.

      Oh no! I hope you get out of your slump soon. Sometimes we just need to take a break from reading for a bit. Thanks for stopping by, Shannon!

      Delete