Wednesday 22 February 2017

This Week in Books | 22/02/17


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: I'm in the middle of the second book in the Mistress of the Art of Death series, The Death Maze, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's so refreshing to read historical crime with a female protagonist and I don't tend to read much historical fiction set during the Middle Ages so I've enjoyed pushing myself out of my comfort zone. These books aren't masterpieces and sometimes the romance overtakes the plot, but I'm finding them really fun to read and I like the characters a lot.

Then: I finally read the first book in the series, Mistress of the Art of Death, after trying to read it a few years ago and being unable to get into it. I considered getting rid of my copy for a while but something told me to keep it and now I'm glad I did. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it enough to continue with the series and I'm hoping the books will continue to get better and better.

Next: I was planning to dedicate February to the ARCs I've managed to accumulate recently but I haven't gotten to any yet. Oops. I do want to read The Bear and the Nightingale this month, though, as I feel like it's going to be a particularly wintery read and I'd rather not read it in the spring.

What have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment