Wednesday 27 January 2016

This Week in Books | 27/01/16


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


NOW: I've started The Vanishing Throne, and I'd like to have it read and a review scheduled by the end of this month if I can - I'm trying to slowly but surely make my way through my eARCs!

THEN: I read my first short story collection of 2016 (one of quite a few I'd like to read this year!) and enjoyed it. I loved, loved, loved Silvia Moreno-Garcia's debut novel, Signal to Noise, and when I discovered I have to wait until October before her second novel I thought I might as well check out some of her short fiction. Look out for my review of This Strange Way of Dying on Friday!

NEXT: One of my most anticipated releases of this year is the A Tyranny of Petticoats anthology, which is coming out in March. Marissa Meyer and Robin Talley, two authors I love, have written stories for it, as have Leslye Walton, Lindsay Smith and Elizabeth Wein. I own novels by Walton, Smith and Wein but haven't read them yet, and I'd like to familiarise myself with their work before the anthology is released. I've heard nothing but amazing things about Code Name Verity, so I'm planning to read it first!

What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Code Name Verity is one of my favorite books ever! I can't wait to see what you think of it. I'm currently in the middle of Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor, and that's long enough that I doubt I'll be finishing it anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such great things about it, I'm looking forward to reading it! I still have yet to read one of Laini Taylor's novels but I hear wonderful things about her writing style. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I didn't care for Code Name Verity. I hope you love it though!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well either way I'm sure I'll be reviewing it once I've read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Code Name Verity! I loved it, but I think I loved Rose Under Fire even more. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's good to know Elizabeth Wein's books just keep getting better! Thanks for stopping by, Mallory. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you do like Code Name Verity!! I ADORE THAT ONE. Although the beginning was tough to get through (kinda slow?) but the audio book was a lifesaver in that regard. xD
    Enjoy your reads, Jess! :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! I really want to give audio books another try - so far they just haven't been for me, mainly because my mind starts to wonder and then I realise I haven't actually listened to what's been said... Oops.

      Delete