Wednesday 16 December 2015

This Week in Books | 16/12/15


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


NOW: This morning I started Val McDermid's non-fiction book, Forensics, in which she looks at how real scientists solve crimes. I'm fascinated by the idea of a writer of crime fiction exploring real crime - something I'm sure she does regularly when she's researching her novels - and so far I'm enjoying it. It's very readable, and I find forensic science really interesting.

THEN: Recently I was in the mood for another Sarah Waters book, so I decided to pick up her debut, Tipping the Velvet. Look out for my review on Friday!

NEXT: I'm in a really non-fiction mood right now, and there's so much I want to try and read before the end of the year, but I think I might at least start making my way through The Creation of Anne Boleyn, in which Susan Bordo explores the ways in which Anne Boleyn has been perceived, from whore to saint. Anne Boleyn is one of my favourite figures from history - I find her so, so interesting, and I'm fascinated by the fact that everyone has an opinion about her, and yet none of us will ever really know what she was like.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow that forensics book looks fascinating. I've never heard of it but I will have to add it to the list! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you are planning on reading my AB book! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It turns out I couldn't wait - I started it yesterday and I'm already over halfway through it.

      Delete