Wednesday 11 November 2015

This Week in Books | 11/11/15


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: My copy of Winter arrived early and I'm so excited! I preordered my copy of Winter from The Book Depository - I was having trouble finding the hardback edition anywhere else, and I like using TBD - but I wasn't expecting to get it on time; last year I preordered Cress through TBD and it was almost a week late, so you can imagine how pleased I was to receive an email that it had been dispatched a week before the release date, only for it to turn up two days later! It's been killing me that I haven't been able to just stay at home and read constantly, but I'm off work today so I'm determined to read it, even though finishing this series is going to break my heart.

Then: I started Demon Road last month, it was one of the books on my Halloween TBR, but I ended up having to set it aside so I could read Sugar Hall for a read-a-long with one of my colleagues. I finally picked it back up and finished it one sitting, and I enjoyed it! I didn't love it, but I liked it a lot - look out for my review later this week!

Next: After Winter, assuming I don't end up in a sobbing book hangover, I'd like to finish Little Red Riding Hood Uncloaked: Sex, Mortality and the Evolution of a Fairy Tale which I started, and was really enjoying, before Winter arrived. I've mentioned before that I've been really getting into non-fiction this year, and this is one of a few non-fiction titles I'd like to cross off my TBR before the end of the year.

What have you been reading recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment