Friday 7 February 2014

Top Five | Fictional Boyfriends

Don't judge me, okay? It's totally normal to have feelings for fictional characters. I think.

As it's February, and therefore the month of love, it only feels right that I should share with you the five men who each have a special place in my heart. And my closet. They can never leave. -evil laughter-



Sirius Black
from the Harry Potter series
by J. K. Rowling

You never forget your first love. Especially when he's only present and alive for three books of a seven book series. I'm not bitter about that at all.

I like older men. Men are like a fine wine, if you drink them they'll die they get better with age. With that in mind, it was only natural that I found Sirius more attractive than Harry or Ron. Add in the fact that he's a mischievous, misunderstood escaped convict and I'm there. Accused of murder? I like him even more! Don't ask. It's a problem.



Jack Barak
from the Shardlake series
by C. J. Sansom

I started reading C. J. Sansom's Shardlake series back in 2012, and since then it's quickly become one of my favourite series. If you're a lover of Historical and Crime Fiction (especially together!) and you haven't read this series then you certainly need to.

The books are set in Tudor England and follow Matthew Shardlake, a lawyer and hunchback, as he solves mysteries he'd rather not be a part of in the first place. We are introduced to Jack Barak, who eventually becomes Shardlake's assistant, in Dark Fire, the second book in the series, and I loved him immediately. He has a roguish quality to him and a sense of humour that I just can't resist.

What can I say? I'm weak!




Kyo Sohma
from Fruits Basket
by Natsuki Takaya

Now we're onto younger men. In fact Kyo's a high school student, which is pretty creepy given that I'm 22 now, but when I was first introduced to Fruits Basket I was around 14/15 (which is a terrifying thought - I can't believe it's been that long!) so it's acceptable. Or so I tell myself.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've mentioned a manga on this blog, and if you're a fan of manga who hasn't checked out Fruits Basket yet or you're someone who wants to read some manga then I highly recommend this series! It's just so good.

It's not for everyone. If you like Death Note or Attack on Titan more than you like Ouran High School Host Club or School Rumble then it might not be your thing, but it's still worth a try all the same! This series has it all; it'll make you laugh, cry and go 'aww' more than you'll ever admit to any of your friends.

I love Kyo and I will always love Kyo. Just read this manga and you'll understand.



Jack
from the Dust Lands trilogy
by Moira Young

Another Jack. Hm. Blood Red Road was one of my favourite reads of last year because of its fantastic, angry heroine and its fun, fast-paced story. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the romance in it, and that it didn't make me feel the feels.

Like the previous Jack, this Jack also has a 'cheeky chappy' feel to him that, evidently, I find hard to resist! Plus he's hot. I'm not particularly shallow but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy people who are just hot.

I love Jack Sparrow, too, so it must just be a 'Jack' thing.



Prince Kai
from The Lunar Chronicles
by Marissa Meyer

Given the previous list of fictional guys on this list you might think that if I was going to pick anyone from The Lunar Chronicles it'd be Wolf or Thorne, but there's something about Kai that's so decent and adorable that I just love him. Not to mention Cinder is my favourite heroine so far, so I guess it only makes sense that I love Kai the most too.

If this series doesn't end with Cinder and Kai happy and together I might just cry.

Well I imagine now you know some things about me that you wish you didn't, but that just makes our bond stronger, doesn't it?

So who have you got hiding in your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment