Tuesday 29 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find everything you need to know about joining in here!


This week's theme is 'Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016', so I'm going to talk about the books that will be released in January, February, March, April, May and June of next year that I'm most looking forward to!


Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: Marissa Meyer is releasing a book of all her short stories set in The Lunar Chronicles universe and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I read all of them online but I'd really like to own a hard copy of them all, plus I want to sit it on my shelf with the rest of the books in this series.

A Tyranny of Petticoats ed. by Jessica Spotswood: An anthology of female-led historical fiction including authors like Marissa Meyer, Robin Talley and Elizabeth Wein? GIVE IT TO ME NOW. *grabby hands*

Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember: It has unicorn in the title. Obviously I want it. Plus it just sounds really cool!

The Amber Shadows by Lucy Ribchester: I'm all for books set at Bletchley Park, especially if they're books which just so happen to have a female lead.

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows: I'll be honest, I'm a little unsure about this one. I love the cover - it reminds me of Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette - but I think this is either going to be really cool, or appalling. I love my Tudor history and I've always had a fondness for Lady Jane Grey, so the fact that these three authors (and the fact that there are three writers here always has me a little unsure, as I don't know how fluid it's going to be) have turned her story into a funny one intrigues me. I'm interested to see what this book's like!



The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan: I'm weak for Jenny Colgan's adult contemporary novels, they're my guilty pleasure, and in this book her heroine opens her very own bookshop. Yes.

All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders: This book sounds so cool. I love stories that explore the relationship between magic and science, so I'll definitely be getting my hands on a copy of this one!

Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler: This is one of the books in the new Hogarth Shakespeare series, a series in which a bunch of really well-known authors are retelling Shakespeare's plays. Vinegar Girl is a retelling of The Taming of the Shrew and it sounds really fun; I'm also looking forward to Margaret Atwood's retelling of The Tempest and Gillian Flynn's retelling of Hamlet.

Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey: This book sounds like everything I love to read - it sounds so fun! - and I really like the cover, too, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman: Yay pirates!

Which books made your list this week?

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous list as usual, Jess! :-) I am also really looking forward to reading My Lady Jane. Argh, so many good authors with that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissi! Yeah, I'm interested to see what My Lady Jane's like.

      Delete
  2. Stars Above made my list this week too! I *just* started Winter and I have a feeling I'll need more by the time I'm through LOL! A Tyranny of Petticoats and BlackHearts sound awesome too!! Wonderful picks Jess and if we don't chat again before then: Happy 2016!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Winter! :) Thanks Micheline - Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for Stars Above!! So many of these look great. 2016 will be a great year for books!! Here's my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen The Amber Shadows yet! I'm so glad you shared it in this post. I own Ribchester's first historical fiction novel and ever since watching The Bletchley Circle I've been craving non-fiction and fiction about women in WWII. Perfect! A Tyranny of Petticoats made my list too! It's looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad to have given you another book for your TBR. ;) I have The Hourglass Factory, too - still need to read it, though...

      Delete
  5. Well, I definitely want to read Stars Above! I can't imagine Lady Jane's story as a funny one -- I'll be interested to see what you think once you read it. Vinegar Girl sounds amazing -- I'll have to add that to my TBR list!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I must admit I am a little hesitant to read My Lady Jane - I just hope they've tackled her story tastefully!

      Delete
  6. The only one I have heard of is Star Above. I will have to check the others out
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings Enter my 2nd Annual Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for Stars Above and Blackhearts too Jess! xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first I'm hearing of A Tyranny of Petticoats and I am SO excited!

    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete