Saturday 25 April 2015

V is for Vaughan | Blogging from A to Z

Saga
by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

I've gotten really into graphic novels this year - I've been reading a bunch of them - and I was super pleased when, at the start of this year, I was finally able to get my hands on Saga. Why? Because I started my job in December, and at the beginning of 2015 I got my first lot of wages - huzzah!

I ended up buying the first three volumes of Saga from Waterstone's in York while I was visiting my best friend for New Year's, and after I got home I read all three of them in one sitting. After that, I naturally ordered Volume 4 and read it pretty much as soon as I got my hands on it, and now apparently I have to wait for Volume 5 which, frankly, can't get here fast enough.

I'm not sure if Saga is my favourite graphic novel series - I also started Rat Queens this year, and unfortunately Rat Queens is very, very hard to compete with - but it definitely comes in at a close second. Vaughan's dialogue is witty and natural, and Staples's art is just beautiful; she has such a fantastic imagination for science fiction, so even if you don't think Saga would be your kind of thing you should pick up a copy just to see the way she's designed the characters.

Bring me Volume 5!

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE Saga. I can't wait for volume 5 and wish I knew when it was coming. Since you enjoy Vaughan -- have you read Y: The Last Man? It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hope we hear some more about Volume 5 soon! I haven't, no, but I have heard some pretty great things about it so I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. :D

      Delete