Tuesday 7 April 2015

F is for Funke | Blogging from A to Z

Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke

I first read Inkheart when I was 16, and I found a copy of it in a little independent bookstore while on holiday in Scotland. I remember that holiday fondly - we went to the Edinburgh Dungeon, which was so much fun - and I was incredibly pleased to finally have my hands on a copy of this book. It was one of those books I'd always been aware of, I'd just never read it. I don't know why, either, because I love books about books very much.

To this day I still love the Inkworld trilogy, and I've often thought of re-reading it along with many of the other series from my teens I'd like to revisit, although sadly I no longer have my copy of Inkheart. From what I can remember one of my sisters borrowed it, and neither of them are particularly good at looking after my stuff. As I'm sure you can imagine I'm pretty gutted not to have it, especially as I got it on that great holiday, but I do still have my copies of Inkspell and Inkdeath sitting safely on my shelf. I should probably replace my copy of Inkheart at some point, but I'm still holding out hope that one day I'll find my first copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment