Wednesday 30 May 2018

This Week in Books | 30/05/18


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: I've been bitten by the Bardugo bug. This year I finally read and ADORED the Six of Crows duology, it's now easily one of my favourite series of all time, and even though I'm still not as interested in the Grisha trilogy I think Bardugo's world-building is superb and I'd like to read the trilogy so I have all the background information when the first book in her next duology is released next year.

Then: Crooked Kingdom made me laugh and it made me cry. I didn't love it as much as I loved Six of Crows, because Six of Crows is such a fun heist story, but the entire duology is masterfully done in terms of the world-bulding, the characters (and their development), and the fantastic, intricate plotting. It's been so long since I've finished a series I'd forgotten how bereft I can feel when I don't have a new adventure waiting for me with characters I love, so I'm feeling a bit lost right now. I know I'm not going to love the Grisha trilogy as much as I loved this duology, but I'll gobble up anything else I can set in this world.

Next: I'm hoping I'll be able to power through the whole trilogy once I start it. This year feels like the year I'm returning to fantasy and Six of Crows has cemented my love of the genre. I want to consume all the fantasy I can. Because of when it was published I have a feeling this trilogy is going to fall into some of the tropes that a lot of YA trilogies fell into a few years ago, but as I've mentioned I'm fascinated by Bardugo's world-building and I'd like to explore Ravka.

What have you been reading recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment