Wednesday 15 June 2016

This Week in Books | 15/06/16


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


NOW: 2016 hasn't been a great reading year for me so far, I don't know why; I've been slumpy and uninspired for way too long and I've been waiting for something to come along and that will pull me out of my slump. I don't know if Soulless is going to do it, but one thing I do know is that so far it's a lot of fun. It's so tongue-in-cheek and wonderfully cheesy. I've been meaning to read some Gail Carriger for a very long time, so I'm glad I've finally made a start!

THEN: Last month I finally read Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and I'm still not 100% sure what I thought about it. As with all of Gaiman's work it was very well-written, it just didn't capture me like some of his other work has. Hopefully I'll be able to gather my thoughts into a review soon.

NEXT: Technically I've already started Longbow Girl, I read the first chapter last night on my kindle after buying it on a whim, but I'd like to try and finish Soulless first. Considering I currently live in Wales I've read very little set in Wales, and after enjoying The Girl From Everywhere earlier this year I'm eager to check out more time travel stories.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you make out with Soulless! I own a copy but have yet to dig in :) Happy reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micheline! I'm aiming to have a review up next week. :D

      Delete
  2. I am a big follower of Neil Gaiman. He is such a multi starrer. And so talented. I havent read this one though it is one of his best. Have you read Neverwhere? That is brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil Gaiman's brilliant, isn't he? I have read Neverwhere but it's not one of my favourites, to be honest. I love The Graveyard Book and American Gods most.

      Delete