Saturday, 12 March 2016

The Liebster Award

The lovely Catherine @ Based on the Book/When it does nominated me for the Liebster Award - thanks Catherine!

The rules:


- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the award.  To be eligible, they need to have 200 followers or less.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.

I've actually been nominated once before for the Liebster Award so I won't tag anyone, but I will answer Catherine's brilliant questions and share some facts!

Questions from Catherine:


Do you have a favourite song?

I don't know if I have one favourite song because there are so many songs I love, and I'm the kind of person who will obsessively listen to one song until I'm sick of it. That being said, there's a song I love because it means quite a lot to me, and that's 'Home' from the Beauty and the Beast musical; I love the version sung by Susan Egan, who was also the voice of Meg in Disney's Hercules.



What literary character do you think you're the most like?

Oo, that's a tough one. I don't know if I'm really anything like her at all, but one of the reasons I loved Signal to Noise so much last year was because I loved Meche so much; something about her reminded me of my teenage self.

Cats or Dogs?

I like both, but I think I'm more of a dog person. They're just so friendly!

What film always cheers you up?

The Mummy. It's one of my favourite films, and one that I could watch over and over again and never get tired of.

Frodo, Sam, Merry or Pippin?


Always Sam.

What would be your specialist subject on a quiz show?

It'd probably be '90s animated Disney films. I know way too much about those.

Who's your favourite Disney Prince/hero?

The Beast. He was the first Prince to really get a personality and have quite a lot of his own scenes, and I think he's such an interesting character. I also love Tarzan, Milo and Flynn/Eugene.

If you could bring back one fashion from the past (e.g. poodle-skirts, togas, scrunchies) what would it be?

It's probably a very typical answer, but I think flapper dresses are so much fun.

What's your favourite gemstone?


I've always liked emeralds, I don't know why. They're so pretty!

What are your current favourite baby names (boy and girl)?

I don't know if I'm ever going to have kids, but if I did I do have names: I like Alice for a girl (looking at my blog, you'd never tell) and Orion for a boy.

Can you tell us a piece of random trivia?

Of course, I'm full of pointless random trivia! The phrase 'fallen off the wagon' actually comes from executions; prisoners were taken to their place of execution on a wagon and allowed a last drink, if they decided to go and have that last drink they'd 'fallen off the wagon'.


Facts About Me
  1. This year I've decided to keep a document in which I'm recording the authors I read throughout the year, because while I know I read more women than men (not on purpose, I just tend to read more books written by women) I don't know how many BAME authors or non-British/North American authors I read. And I like lists.
  2. I accidentally ended up having dinner to celebrate my 21st birthday next to the Welsh rugby team.
  3. When I was in primary school I was bullied by another girl called Jess, and in secondary school another girl called Jess accidentally broke my finger during basketball. Clearly I should stay away from other Jesses.
  4. I didn't start wearing lipstick until I was in my 20s because I convinced myself I wouldn't suit it, and now I love it. To any other brunettes, orange lipsticks look great on us!
  5. I love ghost stories and haunted house stories, but I'm such a scaredy-cat. If I watch a horror film I probably won't sleep well for a week afterwards.
  6. Last year my friend Elena and I went to Rome for a long weekend and I fell in love with Italy. We decided then to try and go back every year, and next week we're off to Florence - I'm very excited!
  7. I currently work in academic publishing. It's very busy, but very interesting.
  8. Thanks to period dramas, Horrible Histories books and pure morbid childhood curiosity, I know way too much about historical execution and torture methods.
  9. I'm not a big drinker - I've never been the kind of person who can just drink alcohol for the sake of it - but I do love toffee apple cider. Omnomnom.
  10. I always struggle with fact lists. I don't think I'm that interesting.
  11. Unicorns.
Thanks again, Catherine!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering the questions :D Toffee apple cider is the best, haha and Orion's a great name. Hope you have fun in Florence, I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me! Toffee apple cider is delicious. ;)

      Delete