Wednesday 23 September 2015

This Week in Books | 23/09/15


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


NOW: The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma. I usually stay away from the books on the Man Booker Prize longlist, not on purpose but simply because the books that get longlisted aren't usually the kind of books I like to read, but after seeing Jen Campbell's review of The Fishermen I really wanted to pick it up. I've been on a bit of a debut novel kick recently and I want to read more books set outside Europe and North America.

THEN: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I picked this book up on a whim and it was a completely pleasant surprise. I really, really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to whatever Becky Albertalli releases next. Just before that I read Robin Talley's debut, Lies We Tell Ourselves, and thoroughly enjoyed that, too. Look out for my reviews of both books on Friday and Saturday!

NEXT: The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. Continuing on with my debut novel theme, I'd quite like to read The Miniaturist soon because I've heard amazing things. If not The Miniaturist, however, I'm going to pick up The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester, Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters, The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan or The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.

What are you reading at the moment? Read anything good recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment