Tuesday 30 October 2012

NaNoWriMo

Oh how I wish I could take part this year!
     Like every year since I learnt about the existence of NaNoWriMo I have far too much work to even think of taking part. This is a huge pain in the butt, as I have an idea for a novel that's been running around in my head for well over a year, but my degree has to come first. I have a ten thousand word dissertation to do for April, a three thousand word Shakespeare essay due in in a few weeks, a five thousand word Victorian essay to do over Christmas, another five thousand word Gothic essay next term and an eight thousand word Creative Writing portfolio due in in March.
     In other words, I have a lot of work.
     On the plus side it means I'm never without something to do, and I bet I'll miss this feeling at the end of the year when I have weeks and weeks of nothing before my graduation.
     Graduation. Now there's a scary word.
     Well I'm gonna get back to reading Treasure Island and calming my raging hormones with spoonfuls of Greek yogurt. Because this - this right here - is student living.
     Toodles! J.

No comments:

Post a Comment