Friday 26 December 2014

Anticipated 2015 Reads! | Top 10 of 2014



I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

Today's theme for Top 10 of 2014 is 'Top 10 books I'm looking forward to in 2015'. I'm not very good at keeping up with the latest trends, or at least I'm not very good at reading them, so I found this list a little tricky to put together at first because there are already so many books on my TBR that have been around long before 2015. But a bit of snooping later and I had my list of 10!




Fairest by Marissa Meyer: The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series, so it's only natural that Fairest is on my list. I'm really looking forward to reading Levana's story - I have faith that Meyer has written her an amazing backstory.

Winter by Marissa Meyer: I'm so desperate for this book it's unreal. Like I said I love The Lunar Chronicles and I'm so excited for the release of Winter, I really want to know how this fantastic series is going to come to an end! Oh well, it's only 11 months away...

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker: I love witchy books, and I really like the premise of this story. Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of it following its release!

Love Hurts, edited by Malorie Blackman: I'm on a mission to collect short story collections, because I just don't read enough of them, and to be honest I'm all over anything with Malorie Blackman's name on it. I adore her Noughts & Crosses series, it's still one of my favourites, so I trust her whole-heartedly to bring me a short story collection of star-crossed lovers.

Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan: I'm a cheating a little with this book. It's the sequel to Little Beach Street Bakery, which I haven't actually read yet! I've recently started reading Colgan's books and they're really fun and sweet. Last month I picked up a copy of Little Beach Street Bakery for just £1.99 and it has great ratings on Goodreads, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it enough to pick up a copy of Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery next year!




Mistress Firebrand by Donna Thorland: My list wouldn't be complete without some historical fiction, and I'm guilty of some fun historical romance every now and then. Plus any piece of historical fiction involving a female playwright rather than a male one already has my vote!

A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab: This book just sounds cool. I still haven't read any Schwab, though I do own a copy of Vicious now, so I'd love to get my hands on a copy of this.

The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milan: SFF featuring dinosaurs? Um, yes please! Considering I was obsessed with dinosaurs when I was little I don't think I've ever actually read a book with any dinosaurs in it that weren't fossils, so I'm really eager to get my hands on this.

The Well by Catherine Chanter: This book is Chanter's debut novel, set to be released in May, and it just sounds really interesting. I have something of a weak spot for novels featuring protagonists who have been released from prison. It probably stems down to my eternal love for Sirius Black.

The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester: This is another 2015 debut, and with its gorgeous cover and inclusion of the suffragette movement it just had to be on this list.

Which books made your list?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for FAIREST and WINTER, too! I love the Lunar Chronicles series. I added THE WITCH HUNTER to my list as it sounds so good!

    I'm really looking forward to A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, like all of Victoria Schwab's books. VICIOUS is probably my favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your list is very different. Hourglass factory looks good and so does Mistress Firebrand!

    Here's mine - http://wp.me/p21FJY-1R3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Witch Hunter and A Darker Shade of Magic didn't make my lists, but I'm so excited for them. I'd love for you to check out my own list!

    - Barbara @ My Bibliophile Mind Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the Lunar Chronicles as well. Here are the 2015 Releases I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete