Wednesday 6 August 2014

What's Up Wednesday! | 06/08/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk as a way for writers and readers to stay in touch!

What I'm Reading

Last week I read The Undressed by Jemma L. King which is an amazing poetry collection inspired by a collection of antique nude photographs of women. King assigned a name and a poem to each photograph and brought these women to life - it's a fantastic collection, and I highly recommend it even if you don't read poetry. I very rarely read poetry for fun (though it's something I need to read more of) but The Undressed is probably one of my favourite books of the year.

What I'm Writing

I'm still working on my portfolio and starting to panic HUGELY now that the deadline is getting closer and closer.

What Inspires Me Right Now

To be honest right now I'm in need of some inspiration - I need to get this portfolio done!

What Else I've Been Up To

I've actually been pretty busy - last week I did an internship with Parthian, an independent publisher in South Wales, which is why I didn't have the time to write a What's Up Wednesday post last Wednesday. It was a lot of fun - the people in the office were really lovely - and it was fun to see the kind of processes that go into getting books published.

I've also been applying for jobs and all that jazz, but right now I'm just trying to concentrate on getting my portfolio done!

I've also been feeling super nostalgic recently. Who else watched this when they were younger?



What's new with you?

J.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the internship was fun! Hope you feel inspired soon - and best of luck getting that portfolio sorted! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding inspiration. I'm kind of bad at being inspired. Try looking at a picture of yourself. That helps me sometimes. Or maybe I can send you a picture of me? :P thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The internship sounds interesting - glad you had fun! Good luck in finishing up that portfolio. As soon as it's out the door, that barrier to inspiration will probably come crashing down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fascinated by your description of The Undressed and especially love that the poems shift the perspective on the photographs.
    Hope you find inspiration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the internship sounds cool :D

    Good luck finding some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That internship sounds like a great experience! I hope you find the inspiration you need to finish up your portfolio and that you'll be really happy with the end product! Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete