Sunday 24 April 2016

Ye Olde Stories & Songs | #Shakespeare400

This weekend the whole world celebrates 400 years of William Shakespeare, one of the world's greatest storytellers. I thought I'd celebrate the Bard in my own small way with a new instalment of Stories & Songs, pairing songs with some of Shakespeare's most famous couples.

Which songs would you pair with Shakespeare's characters?


Romeo and Juliet

"C'est la Mort"
The Civil Wars


Let's walk down the road that has no end;
Steal away where only angels tread.
Heaven or hell or somewhere in between,
Cross your heart to take me when you leave,
Don't go.
Please don't go.
Don't go without me.


Desdemona and Othello
from Othello

"What Kind of Man"
Florence + the Machine


And with one kiss
You inspired a fire of devotion
That lasted for twenty years
What kind of man loves like this?

To let me dangle at a cruel angle
Oh my feet don't touch the floor
Sometimes you're half in and then you're half out
But you never close the door

What kind of man loves like this?
What kind of man?
What kind of man loves like this?
What kind of man?


Beatrice and Benedick

"True Love"
P!nk ft. Lily Allen


At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an asshole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

No comments:

Post a Comment