Tuesday 9 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Even More Anticipated 2015 Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find everything you need to know about joining in here!

This week we're talking about the remaining upcoming 2015 releases we're looking forward to!



Winter by Marissa Meyer: I need it. I need it now.

Ms. Marvel, Vol.3: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa, Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos: This one's actually due to be released later this month - hooray! - and I'm looking forward to continuing with the series. Kamala Khan's adorable.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: I'm rather ashamed to admit that I still haven't read anything by Patrick Ness, but I love the premise of this story and as someone who isn't a big fan of the common tropes in YA I think this will be very tongue-in-cheek and a lot of fun!

The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milรกn: This has dinosaurs in it. That's all I need to know to make me want to read it.

Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente: I also have yet to read any Valente despite the fact that I've heard nothing but wonderful things about her prose. I love the alternate history/sci-fi/golden age of Hollywood feel to this one, and I think it'll be a really interesting read.


Dumplin' by Julie Murphy: I'm all for reading more books about body positivity, and this one sounds fabulous.

Chimera by Mira Grant: First of all, how great is that cover? Second of all, I think we all know by now how much I love Mira Grant. This is the third and final book in her Parasitology trilogy; I recently bought myself the first two books in the series so I can read it this year.

Song of the Sea Maid by Rebecca Mascull: I love historical fiction starring heroines who want to make a name for themselves in the field of science, and I don't think I've read any historical fiction with Portugal as a setting yet.

The Curse of Jacob Tracy by Holly Messinger: I love books involving ghosts and mediums and spiritualists, especially when those books are set during the 19th century, so I'm looking forward to this debut!

The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Hendrick: I have a weakness for witches.

Which books made your list?

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes i need Winter too! I didn't participate this week because i just don't have a lot of new books on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see Ms. Marvel vol 3 is coming out this month- I had no idea! I ordered vol. 2 through my library as soon as I finished the first volume. I love the humor in that series and how the women are drawn. The Cure of Jacob Tracey looks interesting!
    Great List Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radiance and Winter on my list too. I'm going to check out Song of the Sea Maid now. Also, I've been noticing Dumplin and The Sparrow Sisters on a quite a few lists...maybe I should add them to mine! I love the new Ms. Marvel. I'm doing a piece on the run over at another blog later this month!

    Lyn @ Lazy Lady (Top Ten Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to read The Rest of Us Just Live Here and Dumplin. Also of course, WINTER!!! Cannot wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell yes Winter made my list this week too :D And OMG I'd never even heard of Radiance, like WTH?! I love Valente so I'm going to be adding it to my tbr shelf as soon as I hit publish on this comment here^^ A lot of these are new ones to me but I'll be looking them up while I'm at it! Awesome selection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter, yesssssss! I just have three books on my list, but Winter HAD to be in it. I am so looking forward to November and dreading it at the same time, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! The Rest of Us Just Live Here is one that I've been looking forward to for a while. I'm so behind on the Lunar Chronicles! I've only read Cinder.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter is on my list too! I can't wait to read it. Great list!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Dumplin' and the Rest of Us Just Live Here! Also, I need to read Ms. Marvel volume 2. I have it checked out from the library. I just haven't gotten to it yet!

    ReplyDelete