Friday 8 August 2014

Stories & Songs #2

Last month I wrote a post in which I shared some songs with you that remind me of some of the books I've read, and you can find that post here. I had a lot of fun with it, so today I'm back with a second installment! Just like last time, you can find all the songs I mention below in this playlist.



by Shirley Jackson

"Katrinah Josephina"
Universal Hall Pass

Katrinah Josephina is no longer so they say
She disappeared one year ago and not a trace remains
All the theories are just heresay as to why she disappeared
Some say she was abducted and some say she drowned in fear
And what a joy it is to be the only one who knows
Katrinah Josephina journeys ninety leagues below

She's singing the praises of angels and sages
Oh when the pills wear off, the symptoms will return
You may have found relief, the cause has still yet to be learned



by Robin LaFevers

"Iron"
Within Temptation

Raised in this madness
You're on your own
It makes you fearless
Nothing to lose

Dreams are a joke here
They get in your way
That's what you need
To fight day by day

Oh damn, the war is coming
Oh damn, you feel you want it
Oh damn, just bring it on today

You can't live without the fire
It's the heat that makes you strong
'Cause you're born to live and fight it all away
You can't hide what lies inside you
It's the only thing you've known
You'll embrace it and never walk away
Don't walk away



by Emily Brontë

"Better Dig Two"
The Band Perry

So if the ties that bind ever do come loose
Tie 'em in a knot like a handman's noose,
'Cause I'll go to Heaven or I'll go to Hell
Before I see you with someone else

Put me in the ground,
Put me six foot down,
And let the stone say:

"Here lies a girl whose only crutch
Was loving one man just a little too much."
If you go before I do
I'm gonna tell the gravedigger that he better dig two



by Marissa Meyer

"Strange and Beautiful"
Aqualung

I've been watching your world from afar
I've been trying to be where you are
And I've been secretly falling apart
Unseen
To me, you're strange and you're beautiful
You'd be so perfect with me
But you just can't see
You turn every head but you don't see me

I'll put a spell on you
You'll fall asleep
When I put a spell on you
And when I wake you I'll be the first thing you see
And you'll realise that you love me



by Mira Grant

"Sail"
AWOLNATION

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own supply
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

No comments:

Post a Comment