Saturday 4 January 2014

It's 2014!

But you already know that because you're all clever.

What does 2014 have in store for you? For me it's what I'm pretty sure is going to be my final year in full time education when I finish my MA in August/September. The impending completion of my MA will also mean that this year I'll be beginning my search for full time employment. Aah!

This year I'm also aiming to complete my current WIP Bloodroot and Bracken. This is my historical/paranormal novel, and extracts of it are going to make up my MA portfolio. I'm thinking of writing some regular updates of my novel's progress here, not only to keep my blog constantly active but also to encourage me on those days when writing isn't coming easily!

Speaking of this blog, one of my New Year's resolutions this year is to make sure I post something here at least once a week. It could be anything from a book review to a personal post to advice for people looking into postgraduate study - anything!

This shouldn't be too much of a problem given that 2014 looks like it's going to be a pretty busy year. Along with my novel writing, MA pursuing and job hunting I also have some work experience in the publishing industry lined up, so that's very exciting! So far I have two placements, and I'm hoping to hear back from a possible third soon.

All three of these placements are in South Wales, where my parents live, until I have the money to afford work experience in one of the publishing houses in London. But the way I see it experience is experience, and I'm really excited!

And, of course, I'm looking forward to what I'm sure is going to be a year of great reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment