Thursday 3 March 2016

Accidental Hiatus

So I accidentally didn't post anything in the latter half of February. Oops.

I like to update my blog with posts every Monday and Friday, and 99% of the time those posts are scheduled in advance because that's the way that works best for me. This is something I'm going to get back into through March.

I managed to land myself in a reading slump in February - probably because of that bloody TBR I tried to set myself - and I also started a new job that I have to commute to; every week day morning I leave the house at around twenty past seven, and I don't get back home until around six o'clock. So I spend almost twelve hours of my day at work, at a fairly busy job, and getting there and back. By the time I get home I'm pretty tired, so I haven't been writing blog posts in the evening as frequently and I haven't been reading as frequently either.

On top of that February wasn't the best mental health month for me. I'm not going to go into any detail - I'm fine, by the way - I just needed to take some time to myself where I didn't add worrying about my blog to the list of problems going round and round in my head.

So apologies for my little absence - I'll be back to my usual blogging self from tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the reading slump and definitely mental health is more important than blogging so it's probably good you took a little break. I hope your new job/commute gets easier and less exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking care of yourself is WAY more important than a blog - I'm glad you decided to take a break instead of really burning yourself out! I hope you feel better soon and that you manage to find time to get back into reading :) Congrats on the new job by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm sorry, I hope you get things sorted out eventually! It's good to disconnect every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand this! The past couple months have been rough for me at work because I've been managing temps at work for people that are on maternity leave so I have no energy to write posts or even read when I get home. Hoping I can get back in the swing of things too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna. :) I hope things get a little less hectic for you soon, too!

      Delete