Tuesday 17 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Spring TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find everything you need to know about joining in here!

This week's theme is 'Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR'. I've mentioned on my blog before that I don't tend to give myself TBRs; I tried giving myself monthly TBRs last year but they just ended up bumming me out because I don't like turning reading into a competition with myself. I just want it to be something I enjoy!

Even so, I have enjoyed doing seasonal TBRs for Top Ten Tuesday, because I just select a bunch of books I'd like to get through that feel right for that season. Will I read all of these? Who knows!

I've split my list; there are five books which have been/are being released in 2015, and five that haven't.


Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I read If I Stay last year and really enjoyed it, so it's about time I read Where She Went!

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan: Spring time always puts me in the mood for contemporary. I fell in love with Jenny Colgan last year when I discovered her Rosie Hopkins books, and I've heard nothing but great things about this book. Plus it's set in Cornwall, and I have a bit of a weakness for books set in Cornwall.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: That's right. I haven't read this. I'm very wary of hype, so when I'm continuously being told a book is awesome, particularly if the book is in a genre I don't know all that well like contemporary, I'm less likely to pick it up. But there are friends of mine I have very similar tastes to who've enjoyed it, so I'm hoping I'll like it, too!

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: Also still haven't read this, and I need to. Not only because I've heard great things about it, but also because I live in Wales, where Owain Glyndลตr is still a very famous figure!

Among Others by Jo Walton: Yet another book I've heard nothing but great things about.



Rat Queens, Vol.2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch: I fell in love with this series when I read the first volume, so naturally I preordered a copy of the second volume. It's due to be released in May and I can't wait to read it!

Ms. Marvel, Vol.2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona and Jacob Wyatt: Another graphic novel series I started earlier this year and want to continue. Volume 2 is due to be released at the end of this month!

Rolling in the Deep by Mira Grant: I love Mira Grant's Newsflesh trilogy and am therefore willing to buy anything she releases. I've preordered my copy, due to be released in April, and I can't wait to see Mira/Seanan's take on merpeople!

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury: A 2015 debut I've heard nothing but praise for. I got my hands on a copy a few weeks ago, so I need to get around to reading it!

The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester: Another 2015 debut. It has a gorgeous cover, as well as being historical fiction featuring suffragettes. I'm hoping I'm going to love this one!

Which books made your list?

11 comments:

  1. Great list! I need to read Where She Went as I really enjoyed If I Stay. Will read it when I want a book that just gives you all the feels! I also need to read The Raven Boys and The Sin Eater's Daughter was such a good book! Hope you enjoy all of these books :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear The Sin Eater's Daughter is worth reading! =) Hopefully I'll get to The Raven Boys soon, even though it feels like my TBR is never-ending!

      Delete
  2. What a great list! I also haven't read Eleanor and Park, out of fear, mostly - I've loved the two books of hers I've read so far but E&P is definitely the one with the most hype and I really want to love it too! Maybe we should compare notes when the final page is turned?! I've heard great things about The Sin Eater's Daughter too, will watch out for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know I'm not the last person on earth not to have read Eleanor & Park! Sounds good - perhaps the two of us should try having an E&P read-a-long in April? =) Yeah I've heard nothing but praise for The Sin Eater's Daughter, there's just too much to read this year!

      Delete
  3. I would love to read some graphic novels this summer, and all of the talking you've been doing about Rat Queens and Ms. Marvel has made me move them to the front of my list! E&P was an enjoyable read, and I don't read a lot of contemporary, but the writing was beautiful, and Park was so sweet.
    Great List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Marvel is great, but I absolutely adored the first volume of Rat Queens. =D I'd definitely recommend reading that one first, just because it's so amazing! I'm looking forward to reading E&P - I just need to find the time to get around to it!

      Delete
  4. Oh man Rat Queens Vol. 2?!? I need that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mix of novels and graphic novels! I've been waiting for Rat Queens Vol. 1 at my library forever! So hope you enjoy the titles that have already been released. You've got some good ones coming up :) Enjoyed your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you manage to get your hands on Rat Queens soon - it's so good! =)

      Delete
  6. I'm really looking forward to Eleanor & Park; it's been on my Kindle for over a year! Of course, all book lovers have giant TBR lists! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete