Monday 19 January 2015

Classics & Contemporaries | Daphne du Maurier Edition

I didn't want to start my new blogging year without a new installment of Classics & Contemporaries, but recently I haven't been doing enough research to write another, more indepth post. So today, like the previous installment (found here!), I'm going to give you some quick recommendations for one of my new favourite authors whom I discovered at the end of 2014: Daphne du Maurier!

I highly recommend checking du Maurier out! She wrote everything from novels (in genres from historical fiction to post-apocalyptic) to non-fiction and short fiction - the woman was a writing machine!


If you like Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Read Rebecca


If you like A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller


Read Mary Anne


If you like Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle




If you like Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


2 comments:

  1. Great Post! Yet another reminder that I need to read Daphne du Maurier! I own Rebecca and Mary Anne. I need to read Rebecca before I accidentally get spoiled! I also love that edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallory! =) I definitely recommend reading Rebecca as soon as you can - I wish I'd read it sooner!

      Delete