Tuesday 28 October 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Characters I'd Be For Halloween!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and Bookish. Each week you compile a list of ten books which coincide with that week's theme. You can find out everything you need to know about joining in here!

This week's theme is 'Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit OR Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween' which is far too fun to pass up! I don't really read much horror, something I need to change, so I decided to go with the latter - here are the top ten book characters I'd most like to dress up as for Halloween!

1) Georgia Mason from Feed by Mira Grant: To be honest most of the characters on this list aren't exactly spooky or scary, they're just characters I'd like an excuse to dress up as. Having said that, Georgia is the heroine of a zombie novel so she's pretty fitting for Halloween! She's also one of my favourite heroines of all time, so I'd love to dress up as her.

2) Helena Ravenclaw from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling: What's not spooky about the ghost of a murdered witch? I knew someone from Harry Potter was going to be on this list - in fact even someone like Bellatrix would be a great character to be for Halloween - but I decided to go with Helena because I think she's one of the lesser loved Potter characters.

3) Johanna Mason from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: All you need is a wetsuit and a bloody axe. If that doesn't scream Halloween then frankly I don't know what does!

4) Carmilla from Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu: Carmilla is one of my all time favourite classics. It's a vampire novella, with a homosexual protagonist, that was written before Bram Stoker's Dracula and has one of the most haunting last lines of any book I've ever read. I think Carmilla woud be a fantastic character to dress up as for Halloween.

5) Victor(ia) Frankenstein from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: Frankenstein's another favourite of mine. Genderbend the main character (or not if you're a guy!) and you have a brilliant character for Halloween!

6) Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: I feel like people who love experimenting with make up would have great fun dressing up as Levana. We don't actually know what she really looks like, so that would be a lot of fun to play around with, and I imagine a character like Levana would have some gorgeous dresses.

7) Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris: I think Clarice would be especially fun to dress up as if you could coerce one of your friends into dressing up as Hannibal Lecter!

8) The Other Mother from Coraline by Neil Gaiman: Surely everyone familiar with Coraline can agree that the Other Mother is absolutely terrifying? With some well placed face paint it shouldn't be too hard to put some buttons over your eyes!

9) The Cheshire Cat from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: It might be a children's book but I've always found something sinister about the Cheshire Cat, and I think he's another character that would be a lot of fun to dress up as - you could really go wild with a lot of bright make up and cool contacts!

10) Lirael from Lirael by Garth Nix: Lirael is the Abhorsen. She spends her days controlling the dead and righting the wrongs of Necromancers. Cool, right? Plus I imagine her costume would be pretty awesome. (Bonus points if you have a dog).

Who made your top ten?

9 comments:

  1. The Cheshire Cat and Frankenstein would be great costumes!
    I never thought of Helena Ravenclaw as a possible costume idea, but she's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous list, and great concept! I'd love to see someone dressed up as The Other Mother. Those eyes -- so creepy!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johanna! What a GREAT choice! You are right- so perfect for Halloween. The Cheshire Cat would be such an amazing costume too, I think people would be so impressed. Love the list!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost had Queen Levana on my list too! And Rowena Ravenclaw was a great idea! (I can't believe I didn't think of her, being a self-proclaimed Ravenclaw...and you'd get to wear a fabulous diadem!) Great list this week and thanks for stopping by Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of spooky characters - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! I've read some of these books and seen some of the movies to and they are sure creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johanna Mason! Great idea! You get to be super crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, I really like the Cheshire Cat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Queen Levana and the Cheshire Cat are amazing picks! Great list!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics

    ReplyDelete