Friday 10 October 2014

Stories & Songs #3

Today it's my birthday so I'm here with another installment of one of my personal favourite posts, Stories & Songs! You can find the previous posts here and here, and all of the songs mentioned can be found in this playlist!





by Daphne du Maurier

"Legendary Lovers"
Katy Perry

Take me down to the river
Underneath the blood-orange sun
Say my name like a scripture
Keep my heart beating like a drum

Legendary lovers, we could be legendary
La la la la la
Legendary lovers, we should be legendary
La la la la la

Go down in history
Go down together,
Into infinity,
Forever
Your Cleopatra
Your blushing Juliet
Anything for your love



by Marissa Meyer

"Cosmic Love"
Florence + the Machine

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you



by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

"Sinéad"
Within Temptation

I've gotta try
It's not over yet
No signals of love
Have you left
My heart is bleeding just for you
Bleeds only for you

And it hurts to know the truth

Are you looking saviours
Chasing a dream
Love turned to hate

Now I'm crossing the border
See then I fade
But I'm not afraid

Oh Sinéad,
For the first time
Life is gonna turn around
I'm telling you
You will like it, I know

Oh Sinéad,
It's the first time
Only you can set it free
Oh Sinéad
Come break away with me



by Mira Grant

"Read All About It, Pt. III"
Emeli Sandé

At night we're waking up the neighbours
While we sing away the blues
Making sure that we're remembered, yeah
Cause we all matter too
If the truth has been forbidden
Then we're breaking all the rules

So come on, come on
Come on, come on

Let's get the TV and the radio
To play our tune again
It's 'bout time we got some airplay of our version of events
There's no need to be afraid
I will sing with you my friend

Come on, come on

I wanna sing, I wanna shout
I wanna scream 'til the words dry out
So put it in all of the papers,
I'm not afraid
They can read all about it
Read all about it, oh



by Susan Fletcher

"Wild Child"
Enya

Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

Let the rain fall down
Everywhere around you
Give into it now
Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on

What a day
What a day to take to
What a way
What a way
To make it through
What a day
What a day to take to
A wild child

No comments:

Post a Comment