Wednesday 27 June 2018

This Week in Books | 27/06/18


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: As always I haven't done as much reading so far this month as I'd hoped, but I've started a few books that I'd like to finish soon and to be honest part of the reason I haven't been reading much is because I've been writing my own stuff a lot more which has been so much fun. I feel like I've rediscovered my love for storytelling. Right now I'm making my way through The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie which has pirates, sea monsters and an LGBT+ romance so I'm here for it. I'm enjoying it so far, look out for my review once I finish it!

Then: The last book I completed is still Crooked Kingdom which is also probably why I haven't finished anything else yet; I loved that duology so much that I had to wait a couple of weeks before I could pick anything else up and not try and compare it to how much I loved Six of Crows.

Next: I'm not sure! If I really enjoy the rest of The Abyss Surrounds Us then I might jump straight into the sequel, The Edge of the Abyss - especially as I'm definitely into duologies right now! But at this moment in time I'd really like to read Children of Blood and Bone, The Burning Chambers and Red Sister so I might end up picking one of those next, or I might continue with The Grace of Kings which I also started this month and am enjoying so far. Which one would you recommend?

What have you been reading recently?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Six of Crows yet, but I'd like to read them.

    Right now I'm reading Strange the Dreamer and am hoping to get approved to receive the Muse of Nightmares ARC from NetGalley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend them, it's the best series I've read in a long while!

      I haven't read anything by Laini Taylor but I keep hearing great things about Strange the Dreamer so I'll have to check it out soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete