Wednesday 11 January 2017

This Week in Books | 11/01/2017


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: I'm just over half-way through Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's short story collection, The Thing Around Your Neck, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's so refreshing to read about a place I know very little about and to read about it from the point of view of someone who actually knows what it's like. It's whetting my appetite for Adichie's novels.

Then: I was very kindly sent a review copy of McTavish Manor by the author, who I met at uni, and read this chilling novella over the weekend. Look out for my review later this month!

Next: I was planning to read one of my Netgalley reads next, and I would like to read one of them this month if I can, but then Natalie @ A Sea Change recommended N. K. Jemisin to me. I looked her up and ended up scouring through so many five star reviews of The Fifth Season that I couldn't not pick it up, so it's now waiting patiently for me on my kindle. I've actually read the prologue already and loved the way it's written and I'm so bloody intrigued, but I had to put it down so I can finish The Thing Around Your Neck first.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment