Wednesday 3 June 2015

This Week in Books | 03/06/15



This Week in Books is a feature created by Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost and Found which gives bloggers an opportunity to share what they've read recently and what they're hoping to read next.

Last week I mentioned I was thinking about picking up The Goblin Emperor as I was in the mood to get back into high fantasy, but instead I decided to start Darkhaven by A.F.E. Smith. I received my review copy from Netgalley, and I wanted to start it so that I could rate and review it in plenty of time - it comes out next month and so far I'm enjoying it!
I finished Jane Eyre's Sisters: How Women Live and Write the Heroine's Story by Jody Gentian Bower last week and absolutely loved it. It reminded me I need to read more non-fiction, which is the reason why I'm also currently reading How To Be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis.
I'm taking part in Shannon @ Leaning Lights's TBRTakedown Readathon which is running this week. There are a few challenges, but no rules, the aim is just to cross as many books off your TBR as you want to! I do love attempting challenges, though, and one of them is to read a book that's been on your TBR for over a year. I've owned Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli for at least two years, and it's super short, so I'd like to cross it off my TBR and I think its length makes it a great choice for a readathon.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment