Friday 28 March 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo + April Reviews!

I mentioned in a previous post that I was considering taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo this April, and I can now say that I definitely am!

As some of you may know by now I'm currently working on a novel for my MA, so over the course of April I intend to work on a prequel novella of around 20,000 words. It might seem a little crazy to work on a prequel to something I haven't finished yet, but I think writing this will actually really help me when it comes to writing my novel.

My current WIP, Bloodroot and Bracken, follows the life of a woman called Jane who is a Protestant during Mary I's reign. Unmarried, she lives alone in a devoutly Catholic town and makes her money working as a healer. During her early 20s she is accused of witchcraft, and though she manages to survive the harrowing ordeal of her torture and her trial, her past comes back to haunt her ten years later when she discovers her daughter is a witch.

Over the course of the novel we also learn that there may have been more to Jane's mother than it seemed, and it is her mother's story I'll be writing in April. 

Naturally Jane's story involves her mother a lot, despite her funeral being the opening scene of the novel, and being able to write solely about her mother will help me when it comes to knowing which sections of her mother's story to actually include in Bloodroot and Bracken without turning it into a novel that's about too many people!

Are any of you taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo next month?

Because I'm going to be busy over April writing for Camp NaNoWriMo, writing for my MA, reading and enjoying my Easter holiday, I'm not going to be particularly active here on my blog, though I do intend to pop in once a week with a What's Up Wednesday post!

As of yet, however, I haven't missed a single Monday or Friday since the start of the year. This is something I'm incredibly proud of; whenever I tried to blog before I was hopeless at regularly updating, but now I really do feel like something of a blogger and I don't intend for that to stop now!

Some of you might remember that I previously mentioned my lack of reviews over the past two months, well I haven't been posting any reviews for a reason: knowing I was thinking of taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo I've been saving them up so I can schedule a fair few of them throughout the month of April.

So if you enjoy reviews April's going to be a fun month for you, if you're not that much of a review person I apologise, but I really do want to write this novella!

That being said there will be the odd day in which there isn't a review. I'd like to continue with my Ten Books That Changed Me series and I'm still aiming to do a Reading/Camp NaNoWriMo Wrap Up at the end of the month. 

That's it for now, have a great weekend and check back on Monday for my March Reading Wrap Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment