Shockingly, I received some new books for Christmas:
That's right, marvel at my photography skills! (But if I'm honest I don't think it's too bad a shot considering I took it on my phone...)
So that they're easier to make out, the books I was given, from top to bottom, are:
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle
- Burn Mark by Laura Powell
- Burned by Ellen Hopkins
- Divorced, Beheaded, Survived: A Feminist Reinterpretation of the Wives of Henry VIII by Karen Lindsey
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
I'm really looking forward to reading all of them! I've been meaning to read something by Shirley Jackson and Ellen Hopkins for a long time, and the other four just sound cool. I've left links to each of them so you can go ahead and check them out if you're not already familiar with them - maybe you'll see something you fancy reading, too!
I'd love to hear which books (or anything else, for that matter) Father Christmas left for you this year, so feel free to let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading! J.