- Take your time with your coursework and actually get it done long before it's due in. Not the night before, you're only going to make yourself sick.
- Finish and send off your MA applications. Don't leave them until the last minute like an idiot.
- Get your ears pierced again- you've been thinking about it long enough.
- Take more risks and make more mistakes. Make more of a fool of yourself (if that's even possible) and don't let yourself get scared out of anything.
- Fall in love. Deeply. Never regret it.
- Lose weight.
- Keep it off.
- Love your body. It's not perfect, but it's yours.
- Learn to play the acoustic guitar.
- Never miss a chance to let your family and friends know that you love them.
- Stop talking about all the novels you'd like to write and WRITE THEM. You could do it if you'd just put your mind to it.
- Start singing and acting again. You know you miss it.
- Read all those bloody books that have been gathering dust on your shelves for years. I know you have a lot of work, but you can afford a break once in a while to read something you enjoy.
- Find a part-time job somewhere. Anywhere. It's not fair on your Mum and Dad that you never have any spare money of your own to fall back on.
- Find another one in Lancaster when you return for your MA. You can get out and meet new people.
- Travel. Go to Northern Ireland and America and Mexico and Portugal and anywhere else that catches your eye.
- Say yes more.
- And say no when you need to.
- If you're still thinking about Thailand this time next year then go and do it. It will be amazing.
- Listen to advice.
- Ignore it when necessary. (Note: as you are still very young and stupid this will be most of the time)
- Always ask questions.
- Take more photos- you want memories to show your children.
- Smile. Life is good.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
My To-Do List
Posted by Jess @ Jessticulates at 16:27